* download here
17) 2020. “Relief, Recovery, Reform: A Retrospective on the Policy Responses to the Great Recession,” Intereconomics: Review of European Political Economy
16) 2018 (with Dana Louie). “Vautrin’s Lesson: Historical Trends, Universal Challenges, and Policy Responses,” (in Twenty-first Century Inequality: Marx, Piketty and Beyond, edited by Lauren Langman and David A. Smith, Brill, Series in Critical Social Sciences).
15) 2018. “Dodd-Frank: From Economic Crisis to Regulatory Reform,” Sheffield Political Economy Research Institute Working Paper, No. 29
14) 2016. “Wealth Inequality in a Comparative and Historical Perspective,” Sociology Compass.
13) 2016. “Financial Citizenship and the Hidden Crisis of the Working Class in the New Turkey,” Middle East Report.
12) 2016 (with Brian Nolan and Chris Whelan). “Material Deprivation and Consumption,” The Oxford Handbook of the Social Science of Poverty, edited by David Brady and Linda Burton, Oxford University Press.
11) 2015 (with Wen Fan). “Access to credit, income inequality, and public support for redistribution.” Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy.
10) 2015. “Sociology of Debt: States, Credit Markets, and Indebted Citizens,” Sociology Compass.
9) 2015. “Weak States, Unruly Capitalists, and the Rise of Etatism in Late Developers: The Case of Turkey” British Journal of Middle Eastern Studies.
8) 2014. “The Informal Road to Markets: Neoliberal Reforms, Private Entrepreneurship and the Informal Economy in Turkey” International Journal of Social Economics.
7) 2013. “Consumer Welfare and Redistributive Politics: The Effect of Credit and China,” International Journal of Comparative Sociology.
6) 2013. Kus, B. “Credit, consumption, and debt: Comparative perspectives,” International Journal of Comparative Sociology.
5) 2013. “Neoliberal Reforms, Regulatory Change and the Informal Economy: The Case of Turkey from a Comparative Perspective” in Securing Livelihoods: Informal Economy Practices and Institutions, edited by F. Lapeyre, A Lemaitre and I. Hillenkamp, Oxford University Press.
4) 2012. “Financialization and Income Inequality in OECD Countries: 1995 2007,” Economic and Social Review.
3) 2010. “Regulatory Governance and the Informal Economy: Cross-National Comparisons,” Socio-Economic Review.
2) 2010. (with Isik Ozel). “United We Restrain, Divided We Rule: Neoliberalism and Labor Unions in Turkey and Mexico,” European Journal of Turkish Studies.
1) 2006. “Neoliberalism, Institutional Change and the Welfare State: The Case of Britain and France.” International Journal of Comparative Sociology.